Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Layout 2 - Pizza: The beginning

So last night as I was waiting for Rachel to come home from work I went to run my layout a bit. I noticed I had a lot of extra track lying around from the set I won off of ebay, and decided to make another little circle of track and see how well things ran around it. I put it on a spare piece of foam and noticed that the track was the 9.75 radius not 11.25. With that I thought, "Hey I could make a real pizza layout with this and not have to spend a dime..." So I did! I started cutting and carving and ended up with a hill and a pond w/runoff.

I then put my saw down and decided I should give myself a bit of direction, and made this quick concept.

My EMD F9 will run this layout with my box cars. The pond and run off will be just paint at first  until I get some realistic water I will be trying to make the turf look really rough and untended.

No comments:

Post a Comment