Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Introduction

Hello,

This blog will be were I take note of my journey through the stages of creating my first model railroad, from start to finish.

My first model railroad will be an extremely simple N scale layout consisting of a 24" circle of track, a mountain, a few hills, a lake/pond, and a few buildings. The total dimensions of this layout will be 30"x30".

The train set I used for this project was the Highballer set from Bachmann. I used 1-1/2 inch foam insulation board as the base, and also used it for the hills and mountain with the tunnel.

I have 3 structures for my layout, a water tower, a coal mine, and a lumber yard. The water tower will be up on one of the side hills, the coal mine will on the rail, and the lumber yard on the other side of the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment